Ways to Give
There are a number of ways to show your support of Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School, all of which are an important part of our program.
Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School accepts cash or check, credit card, stock gifts, as well as complex assets such as private company stock through S-Corp and C-Corp, LLC and limited partnership interests, restricted stock, electronic funds transfer (EFT), real estate, oil and gas royalty interests, art, and donor advised funds (DAF) distributions.Give from the Heart Today!
- Cash or Check
- Credit Card
- Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
- Matching Gift
- IRA Charitable Rollover
Many individuals donate appreciated stocks or mutual funds to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School. Such gifts, or other gifts involving securities, can have significant tax advantages over cash.
- For delivery of DTC Eligible Securities: DTC# 0164, Code 40 | Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- For credit to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School: Account #6885-0453 | Charles Schwab & Co. | Transfer Dept. (877) 561-2034
Tammy Arnold, Zemenick & Walker, at (314) 880-4868
Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School
801 South Spoede Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
VDOH Federal Tax ID: 43-1063899
VDOH Incorporated: 1975
Please contact the Advancement Office for more details on how to make such a gift.
A donor advised fund is a program of a public charity that allows you to make an irrevocable contribution and then recommend grants to qualified nonprofit organizations. To learn more, please contact your financial advisor.
You can also utilize DAF Direct and recommend funds from your donor-advised funds to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School.
Some companies will match your gift, making your gift worth more while crediting you the total amount. A matching gift occurs when participating companies match (sometimes up to double or triple) the amount of dollars given to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School by their employees and spouses, or retirees. The company matches the gift only after the donor has sent his or her gift to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School along with the company's matching gift form. Certain companies will match capital campaign and endowment gifts as well as annual giving and scholarship gifts. To check if your employer has a matching gift program, ask your employer directly or use our HEPdata search below. (If you wish to conduct multiple searches, you will need to refresh your browser after each search.)
You can support our students while you shop by designating Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School as the beneficiary. Each year, our school receives more than $3,000 from the following programs.
- AmazonSmile: AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases back to the school. Start earning money for the school today by shopping at smile.amazon.com.
- Schnucks Escrip: Pick up an eScrip Card in the Advancement Office, at your local Schnucks store or sign up online at www.escrip.com. Our eScrip number is 6581529.
- Office Depot “Back to School” Rewards Program: Office Depot donates 5% of every qualifying purchase back to the school. To learn more visit Office Depot. Our Office Depot number is 70057734.
Please contact our Advancement Office if you are interested in any of the following opportunities:
Bonne Chance Auction
This event in November is the single largest fundraiser at school. Volunteers are needed in a variety of capacities including acquisition, data entry, and set up.
Annual Giving Ambassador
The primary goal of the Annual Giving Ambassador program is to advance our school for the benefit of our students and carry on the mission of Sacred Heart education for future generations. Ambassador communications do not necessarily include a request for monetary support, the main message is about participation.
Each year we ask parents, students, alums and staff members to come together to raise awareness of the importance of our Annual Giving campaign. Connectathon volunteers:
- Thank those who support our students’ education
- Ask those who haven’t given yet this year for renewed support of our annual giving campaign
- Enjoy the company of others in the VDOH community and complimentary refreshments
On December 18, 2015, the president signed into law the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015. The new law made the IRA charitable rollover retroactive to January 1, 2015, and will remain in effect for 2016 and beyond.
Under the recently reinstated law, you may move up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours without having to pay income taxes on the money.
The IRA charitable rollover rules are:
- The donor must be age 70½ or older on the day of the gift.
- The donor can transfer up to $100,000 directly from the donor’s IRA to one or more qualified charities. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not to other types of retirement plans.
- The donor does not receive any goods or services in return for the rollover gift in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
- The gift needs to be made by December 31 for the gift to qualify for that year. If you made a gift to a qualified charity of up to $100,000 directly from your IRA in 2015, your gift will qualify under the new law.