Show your support!
- A gift of $5,000 will cover one year for one of the four scholarship recipients, helping her continue her Sacred Heart educational journey!
- A gift of $2,500 will cover one semester of one of the four scholarship recipients!
- A gift of $500 will cover one month of the Scholarship for one of the four recipients!
- A gift of $100 or more contributes to our sponsorship of wonderful traditions like Maypole.
- A gift of $25 pays your Alumnae Association dues, gives you membership in AASH, helps sponsor traditions such as First Friday Goûter, and helps organize events.
Sister Mary Gray McNally Alumnae Scholarship
The Sister Mary Gray McNally Alumnae Scholarship is funded by the Villa Duchesne-City House Alumnae Association. The scholarship is available annually to a student entering the ninth grade who meets the criteria shown below. Recipients receive $5000 of annual tuition and the scholarship is renewable each year of high school provided that the student maintains her eligibility.
Scholarship Eligibilty Criteria
- Student's mother, grandmother, or great-grandmother must be a dues-paying alumna of either Villa Duchesne or City House.
- Student exhibits a strong desire and commitment to Sacred Heart Education and Traditions afforded to Villa Duchesne students
- Student is well-rounded and meets the school's academic requirements for admission
- Student must demonstrate financial need
- To maintain eligibility students must submit a brief summary of her Villa Duchesne experiences to the Alumnae President by January 15 of each academic school year
The recipient of this scholarship will be requested to be recognized at various times throughout her high school years.
Should you have any questions about the process, please contact the Admissions office at email@example.com.
The mission of the Villa Duchesne - City House Alumnae Association is to PROMOTE the philosophy of education and values set forth by Saint Madeleine Sophie Barat and implemented by Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne. SUPPORT the community and traditions of Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School while serving as ambassadors. FOSTER a close relationship among the alumnae and the Sacred Heart family both at home and around the world.
All former students of Villa Duchesne, City House, and those from other schools of the Sacred Heart, who have attended for not less than one year and are acceptable to the Directress and President, are eligible for membership in this Association. All active members in good standing have the right to vote, participate in meetings, and to hold office in the Association. Questions? Please contact us by emailing VDCHAA@vdoh.org.
Executive Board 2020-21:
President: Anne Warner Dorr '78
Vice-President: Mary Niemann Ciapciak '75
Treasurer: Kathleen Mills Lovett '88
Assistant Treasurer: Amy Voloto Brand '08
Corresponding Secretary: Carolyn Miller Dames ’83
Recording Secretary: Maggie Hyde Sedgwick '04
AASH Rep: Laura Sliney Clark ’86
Board Members 2020-21:
Anne Horan Hegeman ’46
Patty O’Neill Clark ’55
Nancy Sauer Pollnow ’55
Patsy Dickmann Sheehan ’55
Mary Ellen Lembeck McEnery ’56
Jacque Thaman Niekamp ’62
Vicki Nuetzel Holton ’67
Mimi Hibbard Hiemenz '72
Jenny Warner O’Neil ’74
Molly McKeon Hyde ’75
Linda Sweets Martin ’75
Peggy Kane Reardon ’75
Nancy Ciapciak-Thiedke ‘80
Mimi McEnery Fonseca ’80
Kelly Sheehan Harris '80
Dede Sheehan Brunetti ’81
Angela Maley Brennan ’82
Anne Hegeman Donnelly ’82
Lisa McEnery Pollnow ’82
Christie Braeckel Besancenez ’84
Julie Desloge Dubray ’84
Laurie Hegeman ’85
Mary Catherine McDaniel Leeker ’85
Mady LoPiccolo Ott '85
Kelly Walsh Roehrig ’86
Alicia Behan Christopher ’88
Kathleen Mills Lovett '88
Margi Sheehan Dolan '89
Missy Rosenthal Leggat ’89
Gretchen Strobach Boehm ’92
Sallie Braeckel Crandall ’92
Molly Pollnow Kraeger ’92
Jodie Condie Finney '97
Mary Walsh Giles ’98
Katie McLaughlin Marshall ’98
Sunny Sims ’98
Nina Schmid Engelsmann ’01
Megan Strout Maher '04
Tina Ciapciak Maher ’05
Caley Barnhart Lawlor '07
Madalyn McGahan Allen '08
Head of School: Michael F. Baber
Manager of Alumnae/i Relations: Rachel Drone Gehm '88