Ways to Give
There are a number of ways to show your support of Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School, all of which are an important part of our program.
Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School accepts cash or check, credit card, stock gifts, as well as complex assets such as private company stock through S-Corp and C-Corp, LLC and limited partnership interests, restricted stock, electronic funds transfer (EFT), real estate, oil and gas royalty interests, art, and donor advised funds (DAF) distributions.
Gifts by Cash or Check
Checks should be made payable to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School and mailed to:
Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School
P.O. Box 954764
Saint Louis, MO 63195-4764
Gifts by Credit Card
You can make a donation to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School using VISA, MasterCard and Discover by visiting www.vdoh.org/give or contacting the Advancement Office at 314-432-2021.
Gifts of Stock
Many individuals donate appreciated stocks or mutual funds to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School. Such gifts, or other gifts involving securities, can have significant tax advantages over cash. Please contact the Advancement Office for more details on how to make such a gift.
Donor Advised Funds (DAF)
A donor advised fund is a program of a public charity that allows you to make an irrevocable contribution and then recommend grants to qualified nonprofit organizations. To learn more, please contact your financial advisor or visit www.vdoh.org/DAF.
You can also utilize DAF Direct below to recommend funds from your donor-advised funds to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School.
Some companies will match your gift, making your gift worth more while crediting you the total amount. A matching gift occurs when participating companies match (sometimes up to double or triple) the amount of dollars given to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School by their employees and spouses, or retirees. The company matches the gift only after the donor has sent his or her gift to Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School along with the company's matching gift form. Certain companies will match capital campaign and endowment gifts as well as annual giving and scholarship gifts. To check if your employer has a matching gift program, ask your employer directly or use our HEPdata search below.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Under the recenty reinstated law, you may move up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity, such as Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School, without paying income taxes on the money. Gifts qualify under the law if:
- The donor is age 70½ or older on the day of the gift.
- The donor transfered up to $100,000 directly from the donor's IRA to one or more qualified charities anytime during 2014. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not other types of retirement plans.
- The donor does not receive any goods or services in return for the rollover gift in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
- The donor makes the gift by December 31, 2014.
You can support our students while you shop by designating Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School as the beneficiary. Each year, our school receives more than $3,000 from the following programs.
- Schnucks Escrip: Pick up an eScrip Card in the Advancement Office, at your local Schnucks store or sign up online at www.escrip.com. Our eScrip number is 6581529.
- Target REDcard: Sign up for a Target REDcard at any Target store or online at www.Target.com/redcard. Our Target REDcard number is 9719.
- Office Depot “Back to School” Rewards Program: Office Depot donates 5% of every qualifying purchase back to the school. To learn more, click here. Our Office Depot number is 70057734.
Please contact our Advancement Office if you are interested in any of the following opportunities: